Travel writers also face numerous unpleasant incidents as other travelers do. This is not because of some absurd travel ethics, but due to the contingencies that are part and parcel of this experience.
In this article you will come across incredible travel information from some of the best travel writers from around the world. The tips will take you into the world of hard earned travelling wisdom of these travelers that are practical, thoughtful and a wise way out for all types of travelers.
- Always hold some extra copies of your passport while ensuring that these are safe as well. Unfortunately, if you lose your bags with the passport therein, the extra copies will help you right away with your stay in the city.If you must travel with kids, be attentive as they might lose their bags easily.
- Connect with other travelers and locals in the city through Twitter, Facebook, and blogs. Meet them over coffee and even hang out with them. You will enjoy your vacation more by exploring the local culture, trends and lifestyle.
- You can get scores of travel information through local travel guides. However, you must also remember the fact that some travel guides are not updated annually. Purchase the one that is recently updated and composed at least 6 months before publication. Carry up to two travel guides rather than one so you know an unknown place in detail.
- If you have to travel with kids, you must distribute the possessions of each traveler into different bags. In case a bag goes missing, no one person will have to suffer completely.
- While selecting clothes, coordinate with one or two colors that would match with more clothing items. This also reduces the number of accessories and shoes that you will have to pack. Pack as few clothes as possible.
- If possible, it is recommended that you take a hotel pick up rather than a taxi. Countries with high crime rates often report more cases with travelers burgled in public transport.
- Keep your necessary documents including passport in a safe pocket in a shirt or jacket that you are wearing. Keep the currency there as well as it is the most important item to take care of.
- Keep some local currency before you depart, so you have little to worry about cash just as you land. Also distribute the cash at different places of your hand bags so if you lose one of your bags you do not run out of cash completely.